Salt Café, Avoca Monkstown
Salt Café at Avoca Monkstown is bright and airy, with a vintage retro style and featuring distressed wooden tables topped in white marble, salvage greenhouse window frames and comfy linen banquettes. The Cafe is attached to Avocas Food Market, with fresh fruit & vegetables, deli & take-out, bakery and a rotisserie.
The name Salt comes from its Salthill locale - itself called after the salt works that were once here - the nearby sea and of course, the seasoning. Our head chef is Mark McGillycuddy who previously worked in Michelin-starred Mint. Menus are fresh and interesting, with an emphasis on serving delicious, seasonal dishes with largely locally sourced ingredients.
Open 7 days, with late opening for dinner Wed to Sat. And a Table d'Hôte menu on Wed & Thurs.
- Reservations: +353 1 202 0230
- Mon - Fri: 9 am - 11.45 am (coffee + scones from 8.30)
- Sat: 9.30am - 11.45am (coffee + scones from 9 am)
- Sun: 9.30am - 11.45am
- Mon to Sat: 12.15 pm - 5pm
- Sun: 12.30pm - 5pm
- Wed - Sat from 6pm - 9.30pm (last order)
- Table d'Hote menu available Wed & Thurs evening